Journal of Operational and Strategic Analytics (JOSA) is fully refereed international open access journal focusing on data-driven analysis and decision-making that relies on the application of statistics, computer programming, and operations research to quantify organizational performance and decisions. The mission of JOSA is to increase theoretical and practical knowledge to solve problems related to individuals, businesses, organizations, governments, and societies. We welcome original submissions in various forms, including reviews, regular research papers, and short communications, as well as Special Issues on particular topics. We consider submissions representing a wide range of scholarship, which provides an increased understanding of the use of analytics in organizations and entities.
JOSA aims to encourage scientists to publish their theoretical and experimental results in as much detail as possible. Therefore, the journal has no restrictions regarding the length of papers. Full details should be provided so that the results can be reproduced. In addition, the journal has the following features:
- The breadth of coverage ranges from purely theoretical hypotheses to entirely practical solutions.
- Authors from non-English speaking countries will receive language support.
- Every submission goes through a fair, rapid, and rigorous peer review process overseen by full-time professional editors.
- Authors from emerging countries enjoy the same high-quality services as those from the developed world.
- The accepted papers are published quickly after undergoing a rigorous review process.
- The published papers have maximum exposure under our open-access policy.
- The full details of the calculation and experimental procedure, as well as source codes, can be submitted as supplemental material.
The scope of the journal covers, but is not limited to the following topics:
- Operational and Strategic Analysis
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Business Analytics and Management
- Problem Structuring Methods
- Knowledge and Information Management
- Decision Analytics and Systems
- Data-Driven Analysis
- Digitalizing and Emerging Technologies
- Accounting and Quantitative Finance
- Health and Tourism Management
- Project and Risk Management
- Complexity and Uncertainty Management
- Performance Efficiency
- Innovative Applications of Decision Science in New Themes